VOLUNTEER MATTERS — VOLUNTEERS MATTER!
Get involved in your city’s history! Become a volunteer with the Stamford History Center.
Many tasks at the History Center require the able assistance of volunteers.
- Volunteers do research and data entry work in the Marcus Research Library.
- Volunteers manage the Photo Collection, including data entry work.
- Volunteers work in the textile collection.
- Volunteers manage the website and the blog.
- Volunteers make digital records of our exhibits.
- Volunteers staff our annual Tag Sale.
- Volunteers are docents for our exhibits.
- Volunteers work with staff on educational programs for students.
- Volunteers provide hospitality at our events.
- Some volunteers stuff envelopes and others answer phones.
- Volunteers provide marketing expertise.
- Volunteers serve on our Board of Directors.
There’s no question but what there are a lot of areas where volunteers are indispensable. Below are our current needs for you to click on, perhaps they match your interest and time availability.
- Computer Maintenance
- Hoyt Barnum House
- Programs & Special Events
Our temporary volunteer coordinator would be pleased to match you up with a volunteer position which would utilize your skills and abilities. You may contact Tom Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-329-1183 .